Thursday 24 April 2014

DAILY BLOG • Lost and found

A widow lost a coin, I lost an ear-ring.

Nearly a year ago I found some silver tear-drop earings in a shop.  They were just perfect for every day wear - they would 'go' with everything. But the next day when I wore them out I came back home and found that one of them had been lost. 

I went back to the shop I thought I could remember buying them from, but there was not even a jewellery section in the store. I tried another store, and another but I could not find those particular silver drop ear-rings. I kept the one that was not lost on my duchess and looked in other stores from time to time in the hope I could find that ear-ring again.  Then on Thursday last week one of my step daughters asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I said that I'd really like to have some ear-rings the same as the one I still had, and I showed her the one I had.

On Saturday I put in a set of ear-rings and headed off to speak at Easterfest in the Jesus Tent. But just before I got up to speak I felt an ear-ring fall out of my left ear. I looked down in the grass and there was the silver drop ear-ring! For a moment I thought that God had restored to me the missing ear-ring, but then I realised that I had probably picked up the one from home and was actually wearing non-matching ear-rings. Then the next day I walked into my house and on the cupboard near the front door was - a silver drop ear-ring. I stopped and picked it up and held it and pondered for a few minutes. How could this ear-ring be here I was thinking... the one and only ear-ring I had was on my duchess. I began to feel that God was close and smiling.

With the ear-ring resting on the palm of my hand I walked toward my bedroom, anxious to see what miracle there might be. And there, sitting on my duchess was the silver drop ear-ring, and in my hand was a silver drop ear-ring, and I slowly and deliberately put the one beside the other and they were perfectly the same, except for a tiny bit of rust on the hook of one.

The Lost was now Found. 

But how? By God... well, yes, definitely. What had happened is that my step-son Ben had found it in the grass on our front footpath. (A footpath that had been walked upon, driven upon and mowed many, many times over the last year.)  Ben had picked it up and put it on the cupboard near the front door and I found it in the perfect timing of God for Him to be able to tell me that the Lost was now Found. This message has been meaningful and timely for me. God is so good.

• WATCH THIS SPACE



No comments:

Post a Comment